"Blood pressure" is the force of blood pushing against the walls of the arteries as the heart pumps out blood. If this pressure rises and stays high over time, it can damage the body in many ways. Hypertension or high blood pressure, as it is more commonly known, is regarded as a silent killer. It is a disease of the modern age. The fast pace of life and the mental and physical
pressures caused by the increasingly industrialised and metropolitan environments have a role to play in the rise in blood pressure. Blood pressure is measured with an instrument called sphygnomanometer in millimetres of mercury. The highest pressure reached during each heart beat is called systolic pressure, and the lowest between two beat is known as diastolic pressure. Most young adults have blood pressure around 120/80. It increases normally with age, even going upto 160/90.
Blood Pressure Causes:
* A regularly high intake of salt (exceeding 6 grams per day).
* Excessively drinking alcohol (more than 2 drinks per day).
* Regularly consuming large amounts of caffeine.
* Obesity, since the heart has to pump more blood to supply the excess tissue.
* Lack of aerobic exercise (such as walking, jogging, biking, or swimming).
Symptoms of high blood pressure:
Symptom of hypertension may appear as a pain at the back of the head and neck on waking in the morning, which soon disappears.
Home remedies for high blood pressure:
* Mix juice of onion and pure honey in equal quantity. Taken two spoons of this mixture once a day is an effective remedy for high blood pressure. Take for about a week. Upon noticing improvement, take for few more days as needed.
* Honey soothes the nerves and is also helpful in lowering the high blood pressure.
* Eat empty stomach one Papita (Papaya) everyday for one month. Do not take anything after this for at least two hours.
* Take four leaves of Basil and two leaves of Neem (Margosa) and grind them with four spoons of water. Take this ground mixture empty stomach with a glass of water.
* Always use polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats instead of hydrogenated fats. Ghee and butter prepared from cow’s milk can be given. Avoid buffalo milk.
* Fruits like bananas, oranges, guavas and apples are good in high blood pressure.
* Also try to avoid red meats. But white meats, especially fish are beneficial in lowering blood pressure.
* Do exercise and yoga regularly. They will help in reducing body weight, regulating heart beat and thus controlling high blood pressure.
* Take dry water melon seeds and make its powder form. This powder can be taken 1-2 tablespoon in a glass of water.
* Carrot and spinach are also helpful in reducing high blood pressure. Extract fresh juice from carrot and spinach and drink a glass of it twice a day.
Buku Baru Akan Terbit : Rentaka Sekalian Bijasura - Salam, Akhirnya buku terbaru saya hampir keluar menemui para peminat sejarah terutamanya sejarah Melayu. Kini semasa artikel ini ditulis, ia telah m...
3 weeks ago